Reopening June 1, 2020
To the clients and family of Impact Counseling Solutions:
We thank you! We thank you for your patience and understanding during this challenging time. We thank you for your flexibility and willingness to engage in telehealth services. We thank you for the sacrifices you have made. We thank you for staying home and for keeping our staff, our families, and our communities safe.
Our office will REOPEN on June 1, 2020 with limited in-person scheduling availability. Telehealth will continue throughout the summer when possible.
We are excited to see you again…safely.
As has been the case throughout the COVID-19 crisis and before, the safety of our clients and staff is paramount and will guide our decision making as we resume operations in a calculated, stepwise fashion.
We appreciate your patience with us as we institute rigorous safety procedures that will, at times, inconvenience you as they protect you. In accordance with the governor’s recommendations and my own assessment of the standard of care, we have instituted the following best practices:
- All clients and staff members will sanitize upon entering the office.
- All clients and staff members will wear face masks or coverings while in the office. This is in accordance with the governor’s recommendations for all businesses, medical or not.
- All clients and staff will have their body temperature taken upon entering the office.
- Unfortunately, no family members will be allowed to enter the office with you. We respectfully ask family to wait outside.
- We ask that you call or text 10 minutes prior to your appointments to let us know that you have arrived nearby. Please do not come into the office until we call or text you back. We will do so when your clinician is ready. This eliminates you having to wait in the waiting area. Like most medical offices, we will not utilize our waiting areas until further notice to optimize social distancing.
- Please notify us if you or any family members have any symptoms suggestive of Covid-19 (fever, headache, muscle pain, cough, cold symptoms, loss of smell or taste, etc.). Even if symptoms seem mild, contact the office before your visit. Do not come to the office if you or a family member feel even mildly ill. Let us know and we will assist you in evaluating your symptoms.
- Do not wear gloves in the office. Used improperly, gloves spread germs. Purell is available at the front desk and all clients will be able to use the restroom to wash their hands. And of course, our team members will wash hands between each patient visit and frequently otherwise.
- The main office and waiting room will be meticulously cleaned each morning and evening and each individual office will be meticulously cleaned between clients.
- All new clients will have a virtual consult with a clinician prior to their first office visit. A thorough, informative virtual consult from the safety and comfort of your own home will allow us to initiate an individualized treatment plan for you even before your first in-person office visit--streamlining your care, improving efficiency, and minimizing risk.
- Virtual follow-ups and telehealth will continue to be used in addition to in-person visits to optimize convenience and safety. We have used virtual visits prior to the COVID-19 pandemic, with high patient satisfaction. Telemedicine has improved significantly even since this crisis began, facilitating virtual visits.
- All documents and forms that are routinely provided to our clients, including HIPAA/privacy forms, medical history intake forms, treatment consents, and informed consents have and will continue to provide to you electronically.
We appreciate your patience, understanding, and concern for each other’s mutual safety during this unprecedented time. It will likely be many months before a vaccine becomes available for the virus. Sheltering in place for months on end is not an option. Living life as if there is no threat is not either. Life is about balance.
We appreciate your understanding and flexibility during this challenging time. Please call (440-455-1511) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have any questions.
Stay informed. Stay healthy. See you soon.
Impact Counseling Solutions
Closure Extended through June 1, 2020
Dear Valued Clients & Families,
We hope you are all doing well and staying healthy as we navigate the current health crisis amid the COVID-19 epidemic. At Impact Counseling Solutions, we continue to prioritize the health and safety of our clients and staff. As always, we are committed to being responsive to your needs during this unprecedented time.
Governor, Mike DeWine, held a press conference today, outlining the plans for post-coronavirus shutdown. Governor DeWine extended the stay-at-home order and reminded Ohioans that the reality is that this virus will remain with us and therefore, our lives must be guided by that fact.
The plan for Ohio is to incrementally reopen and involves multi-steps and relies on slowly rebooting Ohio based on several factors, including the downward trajectory of documented cases and robust testing. DeWine stated, “We cannot look at May 1 as a date that everything will be back to normal. We want to make Ohio's comeback strong, but we also want to make Ohio's comeback safe.”
The plan allows GENERAL OFFICES to begin reopening starting May 4th. However, Governor DeWine stated that employees who can work remotely from home should do so. He reiterated the importance of TELEWORK and declared that TELEHEALTH should continue whenever possible and feasible.
Impact Counseling Solutions will continue to follow the recommendations of the State of Ohio. Therefore, we will remain closed for the month of May and will continue to provide TELEHEALTH services ONLY.
Please be assured that Impact Counseling Solutions will continue to be fully operational. We are committed to your mental health and your well-being. We encourage you to try TELEHEALTH! Remember this platform allows you to have sessions from your phone, tablet or laptop from the comfort of your own home! We encourage you to reach out to your individual therapist to discuss telehealth options such as phone sessions or video sessions which can be conducted via Facetime, Skype, or Zoom and via the client portal on Simple Practice!
We thank you for all you have been doing. We thank you for staying home. We thank you for the sacrifices you have been making. Thank you for your support and understanding during this challenging time. We look forward to “seeing” you soon!
If you have any questions, please contact your individual clinician using the email addresses below or call the office at (440) 455-1511.
Impact Counseling Solutions
Closure Extended through May 1, 2020
We hope you are staying well during this time of uncertainty. At Impact Counseling Solutions, the health and safety of our clients and staff is our top priority. We understand the concerns and anxieties that you might be feeling surrounding coronavirus (COVID-19), and we are committed to being responsive to your needs as the situation develops.
As we shared earlier this month, we made the decision to temporarily close our office to help do our part to slow the spread of COVID-19. Governor, Mike DeWine, issued an initial stay-at-home order that was scheduled to expire on April 6th. However, on Thursday, Gov. DeWine announced that Ohio's stay-at-home order will be extended until May 1st. In accordance with the new order and following recommendations from the Ohio Counselor, Social Worker, and Marriage and Family Therapist Board, Impact Counseling Solutions will extend our temporary closure until May 1st. It is clear the situation is evolving, and we will continue to keep you informed as we learn new information.
Please be assured that Impact Counseling Solutions will continue to be fully operational but remotely. We are committed to your mental health and your well-being. To that end, we will continue to provide services via telehealth. TELEHEALTH is a form of therapy conducted using a telephone or video. The telehealth platform allows clients to have sessions from their phone, tablet or laptop or anywhere they have a Wi-Fi or cellular connection. During the stay-at-home order, clients can talk with providers in the comfort of their own home!
We understand some individuals may not be familiar with or comfortable using telehealth and would prefer to meet in-person. We also prefer to meet with clients in-person! However, the stay-at-home order requires social distancing, isolation, and at times, even quarantining in your own home and we are committed to keeping ourselves, our loved ones and our clients safe.
Weeks or months at home with limited resources, stimulation and social contact can take a toll on mental health. The stress and uncertainty of the pandemic have been difficult enough, and now the social distancing requirements have led to profound changes in our daily routines. It is hard to find your equilibrium when everything feels upside down! We encourage you to reach out to your individual therapist to discuss telehealth options such as phone sessions or video sessions which can be conducted via Facetime, Skype, or Zoom. We have established the best practices for handling these challenging circumstances.
We thank you for all you have been doing. We thank you for staying home. We thank you for the sacrifices you have been making. This is not easy. But we must stay IN this…together.
Thank you for your support and understanding. If you have any questions, please contact your individual clinician using the email addresses below or call the office at (440) 455-1511.
Impact Counseling Solutions
Temporary Closure through April 6th amid COVID-19
The clinicians and staff at Impact Counseling Solutions recognize the fear and concern related to the COVID-19 (Coronavirus). Impact Counseling Solutions is committed to keeping our staff, our families, and our communities safe. In keeping with that commitment, we want you to know that we will continue to deliver excellent services, with a few changes in place through April 6, 2020.
Considering recommendations from The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the World Health Organization (WHO), Impact Counseling Solutions is taking action to help slow the spread of this virus. Nothing is more important to us than the safety and well-being of our clients, staff and interns. We feel that it is our responsibility to take the steps to protect the people we serve and to protect Ohio’s most vulnerable individuals, their families, caregivers, and friends. To that end, our office will be CLOSED EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY and through April 6, 2020. Please be assured that Impact Counseling Solutions will continue to be fully operational but remotely.
Beginning Monday, March 16th, clinicians will provide counseling services using TELEHEALTH, which is a video or telephone conferencing system. ALL counseling sessions will be conducted via telehealth, unless an in-person meeting is required. Clinicians will initiate contact with clients to begin the telehealth session at the scheduled date and time of your currently scheduled session(s). Clinicians will determine if an in-person session is necessary on a case-by-case basis and will be based on severity of need.
Clinicians can be directly reached through their individual emails noted at the end of this email. We encourage open communication between you and your assigned clinician regarding specifics of your appointments and telehealth arrangements. We know you may not be familiar with telehealth. Please do not hesitate to reach out to your assigned clinician with any questions or concerns.
Please remember to take common sense steps to protect yourself and others from germs:
- Stay at home if unwell & limit contact with others (especially with higher risk populations, including individuals who are 60+
years of age &/or have pre-existing health conditions)
- Cover your mouth when coughing & sneezing with a tissue or your elbow
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose & mouth with your hands
- Throw used tissues into a lined trash can
- Frequently wash your hands with soap & warm water for at least 20 seconds throughout the day and especially after coughing or sneezing
- If soap & water is not available, use hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol
- Clean & disinfect frequently touched surfaces & items daily
We remain dedicated to your care and are here to help navigate these anxiety inducing times. Our staff will continue working and be available to respond promptly to any community needs during this public health crisis.
Thank you for your support and understanding. Stay healthy!
Impact Counseling Solutions
Clinical Staff Email:
Michelle Paul: email@example.com
Claudia Taylor: firstname.lastname@example.org
Amanda Bihari: email@example.com
Rachel McClure: firstname.lastname@example.org
Annie Raleigh: email@example.com
Administrative Staff Email:
Alicia Graff: firstname.lastname@example.org
Jess Sudik: email@example.com
For additional information on COVID-19, please see:
Taking Care of Your Behavioral Health During an Infectious Disease Outbreak
The Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services (SAMHSA) created this fact sheet which explains SOCIAL DISTANCING, QUARANTINE, and ISOLATION in the event of an infectious disease outbreak. It discusses feelings and thoughts that may arise during this time and suggests ways to cope and support oneself during such an experience. The fact sheet is available for download at: https://store.samhsa.gov/product/Taking-Care-of-Your-Behavioral-Health-During-an-Infectious-Disease-Outbreak/sma14-4894