To the clients and family of Impact Counseling Solutions:
We thank you! We thank you for your patience and understanding during this challenging time. We thank you for your flexibility and willingness to engage in telehealth services. We thank you for the sacrifices you have made. We thank you for staying home and for keeping our staff, our families, and our communities safe.
Our office will REOPEN on June 1, 2020 with limited in-person scheduling availability. Telehealth will continue as the preferred method of providing services when possible.
We are excited to see you again…safely.
As has been the case throughout the COVID-19 crisis and before, the safety of our clients and staff is paramount and will guide our decision making as we resume operations in a calculated, stepwise fashion.
We appreciate your patience with us as we institute rigorous safety procedures that will, at times, inconvenience you as they protect you. In accordance with the governor’s recommendations and my own assessment of the standard of care, we have instituted the following best practices:
- All clients and staff members will sanitize upon entering the office.
- All clients and staff members will wear face masks or coverings while in the office. This is in accordance with the governor’s recommendations for all businesses, medical or not.
- All clients and staff will have their body temperature taken upon entering the office.
- Unfortunately, no family members will be allowed to enter the office with you. We respectfully ask family to wait outside.
- We ask that you call or text 10 minutes prior to your appointments to let us know that you have arrived nearby. Please do not come into the office until we call or text you back. We will do so when your clinician is ready. This eliminates you having to wait in the waiting area. Like most medical offices, we will not utilize our waiting areas until further notice to optimize social distancing.
- Please notify us if you or any family members have any symptoms suggestive of Covid-19 (fever, headache, muscle pain, cough, cold symptoms, loss of smell or taste, etc.). Even if symptoms seem mild, contact the office before your visit. Do not come to the office if you or a family member feel even mildly ill. Let us know and we will assist you in evaluating your symptoms.
- Do not wear gloves in the office. Used improperly, gloves spread germs. Purell is available at the front desk and all clients will be able to use the restroom to wash their hands. And of course, our team members will wash hands between each patient visit and frequently otherwise.
- The main office and waiting room will be meticulously cleaned each morning and evening and each individual office will be meticulously cleaned between clients.
- All new clients will have a virtual consult with a clinician prior to their first office visit. A thorough, informative virtual consult from the safety and comfort of your own home will allow us to initiate an individualized treatment plan for you even before your first in-person office visit--streamlining your care, improving efficiency, and minimizing risk.
- Virtual follow-ups and telehealth will continue to be used in addition to in-person visits to optimize convenience and safety. We have used virtual visits prior to the COVID-19 pandemic, with high patient satisfaction. Telemedicine has improved significantly even since this crisis began, facilitating virtual visits.
- All documents and forms that are routinely provided to our clients, including HIPAA/privacy forms, medical history intake forms, treatment consents, and informed consents have and will continue to provide to you electronically.
We appreciate your patience, understanding, and concern for each other’s mutual safety during this unprecedented time. It will likely be many months before a vaccine becomes available for the virus. Sheltering in place for months on end is not an option. Living life as if there is no threat is not either. Life is about balance.
We appreciate your understanding and flexibility during this challenging time. Please call (440-455-1511) or email (email@example.com) if you have any questions.
Stay informed. Stay healthy. See you soon.
Impact Counseling Solutions
Clinical Staff Email:
Michelle Paul: firstname.lastname@example.org
Claudia Taylor: email@example.com
Amanda Bihari: firstname.lastname@example.org
Rachel McClure: email@example.com
Annie Raleigh: firstname.lastname@example.org
Angie Clunk: email@example.com
Mariah Payne: firstname.lastname@example.org
Rachel Helscher: email@example.com
Mallory Andrews: firstname.lastname@example.org
Administrative Staff Email:
Alicia Graff: email@example.com
Jess Sudik: firstname.lastname@example.org
For additional information on COVID-19, please see:
Taking Care of Your Behavioral Health During an Infectious Disease Outbreak
The Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services (SAMHSA) created this fact sheet which explains SOCIAL DISTANCING, QUARANTINE, and ISOLATION in the event of an infectious disease outbreak. It discusses feelings and thoughts that may arise during this time and suggests ways to cope and support oneself during such an experience. The fact sheet is available for download at: https://store.samhsa.gov/product/Taking-Care-of-Your-Behavioral-Health-During-an-Infectious-Disease-Outbreak/sma14-4894